Monday, July 10, 2006

God of all things

Today I acquired a new car. Elated and joyous were the feelings after acquiring our first property. Driving back in my old toyota,I spent time thinking about what made that occassion so pleasurable. Maybe it was an indication that we had come of age. Am I feeling pleasurable, I ask myself. Having spent 1000's of dollars on a new car, what makes me so happy?

Italy went on to win the world cup. A joyous moment for that nation and the team. They defined history. For the rest of their lives, those 11 odd men will always be remembered as the team that played and won in the year 2006.

Life is a collection of milestones, small and big. Some are memorable others best forgotten. I read articles that make the 7th anniversary of the Columbine massacare. Sad and wise are the remarks from the staff. Sad and wise...

I often look at the things that bring us pleasure in everyday life, a child, a friend, a new house, a car, education etc etc. What has lived through the test of time? Ancient Man should have been elated having a child? No E.R, No gynecologist, No anesthetist yet we progressed and there was progeny. The animals seemed to have survived and done OK without inventing airplanes and cars.

Someone has said " necessity is the mother of all invention". Is it also that " necessity is the mother of all evil"?.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rishit Jain said...

Satisfying a want makes us happy, it is as simple as that.

Necessities/Wants also drive the development of the society, otherwise there would be no motivation for progress.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home